Organising CSR Meetups in Amsterdam
In collaboration with Impact Hub Amsterdam, Ethics at Work started CSR Meetup Amsterdam. This was a group for people in the Amsterdam area who worked or aspired to work in corporate social responsibility and its various forms. Through regular networking gatherings in a casual setting, they got together to listen to a speaker and then share ideas about CSR and network among an informed group.
We organized the following CSR Meetups:
- Making mining more sustainable: how to take the conflict out of minerals? Guest speaker: HRH Prince Jaime de Bourbon Parme, Special Envoy Natural Resources at the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Crisis? What crisis? – Sustainable business opportunities in the recession. Guest speaker: Willem Lageweg, director of MVO Nederland.
- Living wage: a far-fetched idea or a basic human right? Guest speaker: Irina van der Sluijs, Berenschot International.
- Benefit Corporations: is stakeholder capitalism the next big thing in CSR? Guest speaker: Dermot Hikisch, B Lab.
- What does Rio+20 mean for corporate accountability and CSR? Guest speaker: Kumi Naidoo, executive director and of Greenpeace International.